The quince jam is a delicious winter jam, made with these particular fruits from the lumpy shape and slightly acidic flavor. To make this exquisite recipe you will only need quinces, sugar, and lemon juice: you will get a sweet, aromatic, and very fragrant jam. Once ready, you can consume it with sweet or savory dishes. Enjoy it on rusks, use it to fill cakes and pies or in combination with fatty meats, especially poultry and game. But here are all the steps to make it and enjoy it throughout the winter.
- Ripe quince 1 Kg
- Granulated sugar 300 gr
- Lemon 1
How to make quince jam
- Before preparation, sterilize the jars and keep them aside.
- Wash the quinces well under running water.
- Cut them into small pieces and remove the cores and seeds, without depriving them of the peel. Put the apples in a bowl with the sugar and lemon juice, cover with cling film, and let it rest overnight.
- The next morning, pour everything into a pan and cook for about half an hour over low heat, stirring often with a wooden spoon.
- Cook until the apples are dissolved and blend them with the blender to obtain a smoother mixture. Pour the jam into the sterilized jars and close them tightly.
- Turn them over to create the vacuum and let them cool down well. Once ready, place the jam in the pantry and let it rest for 3 weeks before consuming it.
You can also flavor your quince jam with a teaspoon of cinnamon, so as to make it even tastier and more fragrant.
As soon as the jars with the jam have cooled, check that the vacuum has formed correctly . The central part of the lid must be crushed, thanks to the vacuum effect: put a finger in the center of the cap and press, if the operation is successful you should not hear any “click-clack”.
Alternatively, you can prepare the recipe for quince, a solid jam typical of the Sicilian culinary tradition, to be consumed with sweet or savory preparations.
You can keep quince jam in the pantry for 3 months: always label your preserves, so as to remember the date you made them. Once opened, you can keep the jam in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.