What could be better than going home, leaving the stress behind, and lying on the sofa? That sweet moment when you close the door behind you and with a deep breath you forget the whole world with its din. For this special moment, light plays a fundamental role: what do you need to pay attention to make a living room warm and welcoming thanks to light?
Follow Lamps. it’s advisable to choose the perfect lighting for a more welcoming living room and to create a relaxing atmosphere in your home.
The living room reflects the character of those who live there: say it with light
Tell me who you are and I’ll tell you how to make your stay welcoming!
The living room is the room that best represents us: we spend our free time there, we welcome guests and friends, we look for an oasis of peace. Here are some examples of types:
- The bibliophile will have a living room full of bookcases and a comfortable armchair for reading: a reading lamp, a floor lamp with adjustable arms or an elegant arc lamp cannot be missing. Even the bookcases should be enhanced with recessed spotlights or furniture appliques .
- The cinephile will certainly have a large television: soft lighting is essential here. A backlight with LED spotlights on cables or recessed spotlights is a great solution.
- For the gamer, the living room is dominated by the console: a dimmable lamp is a good choice but the ideal solution is a remote controlled lamp !
- The perfect guest needs various points of light to be able to define the space according to the situations: a lamp for the dining table, soft light to make the living room welcoming for chatting with friends, or a more decisive light for family days.
Size doesn’t matter: enhance the space with furniture and lighting
Light can affect our perception of space. Why not use it to make your living room warm and welcoming?
- How to make a small living room cozy? With light colors, a large mirror, few furniture on the floor, two sofas that are not too deep, a low table, and the right lighting: wall lights , LED ceiling lights or directional spotlights to avoid dark corners.
- How to make a very large living room cozy? By breaking up the space with distinct light points and playing with carpets and furniture to create different functional angles. A pendant lamp above a large dining table, a floor lamp in the area with the sofa and a soft general light that floods the room make a living room more welcoming. The classic chandelier is also indicated.
The eternal dilemma: ceiling light or floor lamp to make the living room welcoming?
Is a ceiling light or floor lamp better to create a cozy living room? Both!
- A ceiling lamp is practical and provides general lighting, to which it is possible to combine one or more light points with wall lamps for bookcases, reading lamps, and… a floor lamp!
- The floor lamp has the advantage of being a piece of furniture to enrich the style of the living room. You can choose a lamp to match the furniture or decide to “break up” by inserting a design lamp.
Finally, don’t forget to also play with the materials to make the living room more welcoming: for example, if wood prevails in the room, a metal lamp offers a perfect counterpoint! Take a look at the wide range of products available on Lamps.it and find the right inspiration!